Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy and Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy
Unique Author IDs
ORCID provides an identifier for researchers to use with their name as they engage in research and scholarship activities.
Publons is a free service from Clarivate Analytics.
Create a unique profile. Upload your publications details or link from Web of Science. View Citation Metrics which includes h-index based on your publications in Web of Science.
Scopus Author ID
Scopus provides a unique number for authors that are indexed in the database. Under Search then Authors to enter the name and find the author ID. The Scopus Author profile shows your publications, their citations, h-index based on publications found in Scopus.
Benefits of Unique Author Identifier
- A system-generated unique identifier ensures your work is correctly attributed to you
- Provides a way for you to list all your works in one place
- Find your colleagues' work easily
Organize and Manage:
- Manage your publications list and professional profile online
- Make your body of work easy for others to find
- Listing previous institutions in your profile helps others find you as you move throughout your career
Increase Visibility & Recognition:
- Include your unique author identifier number in your email signature, CV, web pages
- View metrics like times cited counts and H-index quantify your research impact
- Use citing articles to show the reach of your work
- Searching keywords can help you find researchers in your specific field or line of interest to work with
- View other researchers’ citing articles to find others in your field you may want to work with
- A multi-disciplinary community online fosters collaboration around the world
How to Create an ORCID
Go to ORCID at https://orcid.org/register
Enter your name, email address and create a password.
Click on the verification email sent to your email address.
Your ORCID is created!
Next go to IRIS and connect IRIS to your ORCID and get your publications updated automatically. See Guide.
Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID)
ORCID provides an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities. ORCID provides open tools that enable transparent and trustworthy connections between researchers, their contributions, and affiliations. We provide this service to help people find information and to simplify reporting and analysis.
ORCID’s vision is a world where all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time..
More information on ORCID available.