Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy and Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy
Up to 60 pages of a title can be printed per user. In addition, you can select to save the pages as a PDF file instead of printing them.
Note: The number of pages may vary depending on individual publisher-specified limits.
- You can view eBooks online by using IE, Firefox, Safari or Chrome browser. If you are using Mac, you may need to install PDF Browser plug-in in order to view the eBooks online.
- Click eBook Full Text to view the eBook.
Ebsco eBook titles have 1 to 2 concurrent users, applicable to both viewing and downloading. If a title has 1 concurrent user and is currently being downloaded or viewed online by someone, the second person can not view / download the title. Instead, a hold message will appear. You can place hold by logging into your My Ebscohost account.
Before you download, please ensure that you have
- My Ebscohost account
- Adobe® Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher
- Adobe ID (optional - you need Adobe ID if you wish to transfer eBooks between computers and mobile devices)
- Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
- Select a Checkout period (max 7 days) from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
The eBook will be added to the Checkouts area of the folder. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you will be prompted to do so.
- Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook will be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook will be saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
- When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions.
- You can download up to 5 Ebsco eBooks/Audiobooks at a time.
- Ebsco eBook titles have 1 to 2 concurrent users, applicable to both viewing and downloading. If a title has 1 concurrent user and is currently being downloaded or viewed online by someone, the second person can not view / download the title. Instead, a hold message will appear. You can place hold by logging into your My Ebscohost account.
- Currently, you can not return eBooks and audiobooks before the checkout period expired. After an eBook checkout has expired, the downloaded eBook file can still be found in Digital Editions but can not be opened. You must manually delete the file from Digital Editions to remove it from your computer.