Zotero is an application that helps to collect, manage, and cite research sources. It connects with your web browser to help 'grab' citations to save in your own personal citation database. It connects with Word to help you cite while you write. Best of all, it's free. Zotero will allow you to:
- Collect and organize citations for books, articles, videos, websites, etc.
- Grab citations from SMU Libraries databases, Google Scholar and more
- Attach PDFs, notes and images to your citations
- Create bibliographies in many formats (APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.)
- Use Word to ‘cite’ while you ‘write’, creating both in-text citations and a reference list using citations in your library
- Share your research and references using a Group Library