Skip to main content
PhD in Business (Strategic Management & Organisation)
Search this Guide
PhD in Business (Strategic Management & Organisation): Session 6
This guide points to useful resources for MGMT 708 taught by Professor Kannan Srikanth.
Session 6: Theories of Organizational Knowledge and Capabilities
1. Cohen, W. and D. Levinthal, "Absorptive Capacity: A New Perspective on Learning and Innovation," Administrative Science Quarterly, 1990.
2. Henderson, R., and I. Cockburn, "Measuring Competence?: Exploring Firm Effects in Pharmaceutical Research," Strategic Management Journal, 15, Winter special issue, 1994, pp. 63-84.
3. Winter, S.G. "Knowledge and competence as strategic assets" in The Competitive Challenge edited by Teece, 1987.
4. Teece, D.J., Pisano, G. & Schuen, A. (1997). “Dynamic Capabilities and Strategic Management. Strategic Management Journal; Vol 18: 7: 509-533
5. Leonard Barton, D (1992) Core capabilities and core rigidities: a paradox in managing new product development Strategic Management Journal, 13: 363-380
6. Becker MC 2005. A framework for applying organizational routines in empirical research: linking antecedents, characteristics and performance outcomes of recurrent interaction patterns. Industrial and Corporate Change, 2005.
7. Helper S. and Henderson R. 2014. Management Practices, Relational Contracts, and the Decline of General Motors. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 28(1): 49-72. **
8. Teece, David J. 2007 Explicating dynamic capabilities: the nature and microfoundations of (sustainable) enterprise performance. Strategic management journal **
9. Special issue on Knowledge and the Firm in California Management Review (1998)
10. Special issue on knowledge and the Firm , Strategic Management Journal
The Nature and Dynamics of Organizational Capabilities
Giovanni Dosi (Editor); Richard R. Nelson (Editor); Sidney G. Winter (Editor)
Publication Date: 2002-02-07
12. Jacobides and Winter 2012. Capabilities: Structure, Agency, and Evolution. Organization Science.
Session 7 >>
Dec 23, 2016 1:45 PM
Login to LibApps
Report a problem.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the
Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy
Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy