Example: Research Punishment for Cheating
1. Go to Halsbury's Laws of Singapore: Consolidated Index.
2. Turn to the Index Section and search for the word 'Punishment'.
Under 'Punishment' you will see 'cheating, for, 8 [90.349]'.
3. Go to Volume 8 on the shelf
Refer to the latest issue available.
The older volumes will have SUPERSEDED displayed on the spine.
4. Look up Paragraph [90.349] to read the commentary
5.Go to Halsbury's Laws of Singapore : Current Service to check for subsequent amendments.
- Look up the "Index" tab and search for 'Punishment'.
- If there are no entries, that means there have been no subsequent amendments.
- If there are any amendments or additions, there would be references to paragraph numbers. These paragraph numbers correspond to the paragraph numbers at the front of the Current Service Binder not in the main volume.