Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy and Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy
Using Westlaw to note up cases
1. Select "International Materials" if you are noting up an English case.
2. Search for the case using its citation or case name.
3. Open the case and click on the "Analysis" link.
4. Scroll to the segment, "Cases Citing This Case" to view how subsequent cases have treated the case.
5. You can also scroll to view other information, such as the cases cited by the case and the journals and books citing the case.