Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy and Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy
How do I find a journal
To find a journal when you know the journal title, e.g.
- Quarterly Journal of Economics
- Harvard Business Review
- Search using the Library Search box (which retrieves books, journals, and articles)
- Type the journal title, e.g. Econometrica
- Check for links like Online / Full Text / View more details: SMU Catalogue
- Search Journals (which contains records for all print and online journals accessible to SMU)
- Type the journal title, e.g. Journal of Economc Perspectives
- Check for links to sources and the years covered for full text
Tips to find an article
Here are some tips to help you find the journal you need:
- Type as much of the journal title as you know
- If you want the words to be in the order typed, add quotes, e.g. "Harvard Business Review"
- If you want to only search the words in the journal title, select Title Contains (beside the search box)
- If the title is a common word or phrase, e.g. Economist, use Journals and select Titles Exact match as the search mode
Find other journals
Search with the Library Search box using broad subject keywords and the word periodicals. E.g.
- Business periodicals
- Econometrics periodicals
- International finance periodicals
Search in Journals > click on Subjects > select a subject e.g. Social sciences and drill down to the specific subject
Directory of Open Access Journals
Updates from Journals
You can sign up for email alerts or RSS from journals. Check the journal website to see if these services are available.
RSS Feeds (Journal of Political Economy)