Skip to main content
PhD in Business (Strategic Management & Organisation)
Search this Guide
PhD in Business (Strategic Management & Organisation): Session 9
This guide points to useful resources for MGMT 708 taught by Professor Kannan Srikanth.
Knowledge and Coordination based perspectives on the theory of the firm
1. Kogut, B., and U. Zander, "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, 3, 1992, pp. 383-397.
2. Kogut, Bruce. Zander, Udo (1996) “ What firms do? Coordination, identity, and learning”. Organization Science. 7(5): 502-518. 1996 Sep/Oct
3. Conner, K and C K Prahalad (1996) “A Resource Based Theory of the Firm: Knowledge vs. Opportunism”, Organization Science 7(5)
(Also See Foss’s comments on the above two papers, in the same issue of Org. Science)
4. Poppo L and Zenger T (1998) “Testing alternative theories of the firm: Transaction cost, knowledge based and measurement explanations for make or buy decisions in information services” Strategic Management Journal 19: 853-877
5. G Hoetker 2005 How much you know versus how well I know you: selecting a supplier for a technically innovative component Strategic Management Journal
6. Srikanth and Puranam 2014 Firm as a coordination system : Evidence from software services offshoring. Organization Science.
7. Demsetz, H (1988) “The theory of the firm revisited”, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization 4:141-161 (also reprinted in The Nature of The Firm Eds. Williamson and Winter, 1991)
8. Langlois , R N (1992) “Transaction cost economics in real time”, Industrial and Corporate Change 1 (1): 99-127
9. Langlois, R.N.(2001) “Modularity in Technology and Organization”, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
10. Monteverde, Kirk (1995) “Technical dialog as an incentive for vertical integration in the semiconductor industry”, Management Science 41(10): 1624-38
11. Chesbrough, H W and D J Teece (1996) “When is virtual virtuous? Organizing for Innovation” , Harvard Business review, Jan-Feb
12. Grant, Robert M (1996b) “Toward a knowledge based theory of the firm”, Strategic Management Journal, 17, 109-22 **
Session 10 >>
Dec 23, 2016 1:45 PM
Login to LibApps
Report a problem.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the
Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy
Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy