Skip to main content
PhD in Business (Strategic Management & Organisation)
Search this Guide
PhD in Business (Strategic Management & Organisation): Session 2
This guide points to useful resources for MGMT 708 taught by Professor Kannan Srikanth.
Industrial Organization economics and the role of industry structure in explaining profitability
1. F.M. Scherer and D. Ross, “The Structure-Conduct-Performance paradigm”, pp. 4-7 in Industrial Market Structure and Economic Performance, Rand McNally.
2. Caves, R.E. and M.E. Porter, "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," Quarterly Journal of Economics, 91, 1977, pp. 241 262.
3. Porter, M (1981). “The Contributions of Industrial Organization to Strategic Management”. Academy of Management Review, 6(4): 609-620.
4. Schmalensee, R. (1989). Inter-Industry Studies of Structure and Performance. Handbook of Industrial Organization, Vol 2: 952-1009.
5. Caves, R. and Ghemawat, P. (1992). ‘Identifying Mobility Barriers’. Strategic Management Journal, 13(1): 1-12
6. Caves, R. “Industrial Organization, Corporate Strategy and Structure,” Journal of Economic Literature, March 1980, pp. 64-92.
Contemporary Strategy Analysis with Access Code
Robert M. Grant
Publication Date: 2013-01-22
2. Geroski, P.A., Masson, R.T., Shaanan, J (1987) The dynamics of market structure, International journal of Industrial organization , 5:93-100
3. Geroski P.A.(1995) What do we know about entry? International journal of Industrial Organization, 13:421-440
4. Caves, R. E. 1980. Industrial Organization, Corporate Strategy and Structure. Journal of Economic Literature, 18(1): 64-92.
Session 3 >>
Dec 23, 2016 1:45 PM
Login to LibApps
Report a problem.
The use of electronic resources must comply with the
Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy
Singapore Management University Acceptable Use Policy